Although often overlooked when servicing or repairing the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system, heaters and cabin blowers serve a crucial role, particularly for the comfort of the occupants. So, it is advisable to include these two components during an annual check and, if either need replacement, use only premium quality aftermarket products.
Nissens Automotive (Nissens) is an established aftermarket replacement parts supplier with decades of thermal management experience, across both the vehicle’s engine cooling (EC) and air conditioning (AC) systems. Its comprehensive product range, all of which is manufactured to Genuine Nissens Quality standards, to provide independent workshops with premium grade replacement parts, which operate to the same performance levels as the original, gives them a premium quality aftermarket solution they can depend on.
Heaters – Important to know
– Scale that settles on interior surfaces and comes from the use of water instead of a proper coolant may block the heater core limiting the coolant flow. Sediment and grime from poor quality coolants, wrong coolant mixtures or residues of cooling system leak stops will also accumulate in the heater tubes limiting flow and reducing the heater’s operating efficiency.
– A worn-out or broken thermostat valve may restrict coolant flow and so prevent the heater from operating properly.
– Due to the damp environment in which it’s positioned, the heater is often exposed to corrosion, which may cause leakages.
– The lack of sufficient coolant caused by leakages (not just in the heater but from other components) will result in improper heater operation.
Blowers – Important to know
– A clogged or defective cabin air filter can significantly reduce the blower’s lifespan.
– The most common reasons for interior blower problems stem from failures in the vehicle’s electrical system, restricted flow in the air intake system and improper handling during its installation.
– Blowers in vehicles used for commercial activities, such as taxis, coaches and buses etc., are often exposed to greater wear simply as a result of the mileage they cover and working hours they operate.
Quality vs Price
Although a cheap product might at first glance be appealing, for the reputation of the workshop and the satisfaction of the customer, quality must be the priority.
A replacement heater from Nissens will ensure workshops avoid issues such as a poor quality finish, limited heat exchange capacity and leakages and in contrast to cheap blowers that can generate noise and interfere with a car’s electronics or radio, the company’s blowers are comprehensively tested for durability and operating efficiency.
A poor quality blower can quickly malfunction and provoke expensive AC system failures, including compressor overload and breakdown, as no airflow through the evaporator means no, or limited, refrigerant state change, which leads to poor system performance and exposes the AC compressor to fluid intake/overload.
In addition, as replacing the heater/blower often requires the dashboard to be removed, the work is time consuming and therefore, expensive, so changing the original part to a low quality version is a false economy.
Genuine Nissens Quality
All the company’s products are designed and manufactured to Genuine Nissens Quality standards, which means they are engineered to deliver high performance and durability, as well as to fit perfectly when replacing the original part. In addition, the ‘First-fit’ policy ensures hassle free installation as whenever they are required, additional components, such as nuts, bolts, clips etc, are supplied within the Nissens box.
Nissens replacement parts are available wholesalers across the country, but to learn more, click here.